Hobart Handler 140 MIG Welder Review 2020
In these times, a home welding machine is often really necessary. You will find the best option after reading this Hobart handler 140 reviews. Both beginners and professionals of this tool usually agree on something.
Here you will find one of the best levels of versatility in use. In turn, both the configuration and the functionality of this welder are tailored to the skills of any user. Even the interface is highly intuitive, as it seeks to provide excellent results.
Additionally, it is necessary to take into account that there is a wide variety of welding machines available on the market. Among all of them, we have chosen this model to analyze its best features and advantages. See the latest top welding helmets for your protection.
Hobart Handler 140 MIG Welder Review 2020
In simple words, here we can mention that this is an affordable power tool. Even its cost-benefit ratio is more than adequate, due to the excellent features included. Here, you will have the possibility to use this welder with different household projects.
In the same way, you will also be able to carry out all kinds of repairs very conveniently. For this, you only need a configuration and use that is very easy for any type of user. That is why it is worth incorporating this welder for your home tool group. From the first use, this welder will become your favorite tool in the home.
Here we can start by mentioning that this is a welder with excellent functionality. It is even one of the options highly chosen by both beginners and professionals. In principle, you will have an excellent voltage selector that gives you the possibility to choose between 5 different positions.
- Versatile Functionality
Also, it is important to note that the stable and smooth arc is adapted exactly to the individual welding thickness. This is why it is a highly versatile tool that is available on the market today. Additionally, you will have different options when working with different materials.
In other words, this means that the materials you can weld are aluminum, steel, stainless steel, among others. In turn, it is possible to obtain a 24 gauge weld that you can reach exactly up to ¼, specifically in mild steel. Even this is one of the best characteristics, since professionals who use a welding machine, do not always work with the same materials.
Thus, there are some cases where some users must buy more than one weld to do different jobs. In particular, this is the wrong decision because the most appropriate information is not available. However, these are not the only features we can incorporate here.
When working, you can select one of the Flux Cored, or FCAW, and MIG, or GMAW, welding processes. So each of these processes can be adapted exactly to your next needs. Besides, not only the functionality is versatile, but the working process also becomes much simpler.
So you can use this welding machine at home without any major inconvenience. In other words, you only need an electrical current of 115 volts. So it is easy to see that the power consumption is within a regular range.
- Excellent Working Speed
Also, it is necessary to note that the speed range for feeding wire without a load is from 50 to 740 IPM. Along with this, you will notice that this same speed range with load starts at 40 to 700 IPM. This is why it is a versatile speed range that can be adapted to any specific type of work.
Another important aspect is that you get an amperage range that starts at 25 and goes up to 140. It is especially necessary to mention that the 20% duty cycle is obtained at 90 amps or 19 volts. Beyond that, there are a lot of accessories and elements that you can work comfortably.
- A large number of accessories included
Some of them are the 10-foot working cable with clamp, the 10 foot MIG HR-100 gun, the double caliber regulator with gas hose, the power cord, the 0.030-inch contact tips, among others. Also, you have a material thickness gauge, a flux-cored wire sample reel, and a quick-select drive roller.
In particular, here we can conclude that it is ideal welding for a large number of different tasks and projects. So, if you want to do art garden projects, agricultural projects, home repairs, or simply work with cars and other vehicles, you can do it. You will notice that in each of these tasks it is possible to obtain good results.
- 57-pound welder
- Dimensions of 19 x 11 x 13 inches
- Includes MIG gun with a length of 10 feet
- Wide amperage range of 25 to 140, and requires 115 volts
- Wire feed speed range of 50 to 740 IPM without load, and 40 to 700 IPM with load
- Voltage controller with 5 different positions, which is useful to stabilize and adjust the arc correctly
- The built-in wire feed system and quick release levers
- Including high-quality working clamps in aluminum casting system combinations
- Overload protection from an automatic restart mechanism
- Protection against various engine damages, which can prolong the life of the welder
Pros & Cons
- Lightweight welding machine for more convenient mobility and transport. This will allow you to have this powerful tool in more than one place easily
- Excellent precision and optimization of arc and general welding operation
- Various protections against overloads and engine damage
- An excellent choice for beginners due to easy setup and use
- Only useful for homes or facilities with an electrical current of 115 volts
- Frequent transport of this unit can be somewhat complicated
- Depending on the specific task, you may need an additional gas cylinder when welding with MIG
- This welding machine is excellent for all types of light to medium work in a workshop or at home. So it is not the best choice for high-performance tasks
- Additional drawbacks without the proper power supply and with the need to purchase additional accessories
In simple words, we can mention that this welding is one of the most convenient and versatile to use. In particular, it is one of the best power tools to carry out different home projects or light tasks in a third party. At the same time, it has a great number of devices and a high-efficiency functionality that you can take advantage of.